Portfolio Tag: Chicago

South Shore Beach House

HPZS is proud to announce the South Shore Beach House project, a new construction beach house including lifeguard and concession facilities at South Shore Beach near the South Shore Cultural Center, where we just completed an interior and exterior renovation and restoration. In partnership with landscape and civil engineering provided by SmithGroup, dbHMS Engineers and…
Read more

Kedzie Firehouse

The West Humboldt Park Development Council (WHPDC) will be purchasing from the City of Chicago an abandoned firehouse property adjacent to Kells Park, a neighborhood park managed by the Chicago Park District (CPD). It is the intent of the WHPDC to restore and rehabilitate the firehouse building and repurpose it for use as a CPD…
Read more

South Shore Cultural Center

The South Shore Cultural Center, designed by Marshall and Fox Architects, encompasses the building and grounds of the former South Shore Country Club on the shores of Lake Michigan in Chicago’s South Shore neighborhood. Built in 1905, it Historic Places. HPZS is currently designing a restoration of the outdoor theater promenade to include accessible access,…
Read more

Lorraine Hansberry Apartments

The Lorraine Hansberry Apartments is a nine story senior housing facility completed in 1976. The first floor includes offices and common areas, while floors 2 through 9 are comprised of 169 apartments. HPZS initially completed a Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) Green Physical Condition Assessment for this property. Construction documents were subsequently prepared to address electrical,…
Read more

999 North Lake Shore Drive

Designed by architect Benjamin Marshall and completed in 1912, this brick and limestone 10 story, 25 unit cooperatively owned apartment building located in Chicago’s Gold Coast neighborhood has been a prominent part of the Streeterville lakefront for over 100 years. As the building architect, HPZS was contracted to review renovation plans for individual unit owners…
Read more

CHICAGO THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY

The Chicago Theological Seminary, founded in 1855, currently occupies a building complex located on the University of Chicago campus that was constructed in 1928. HPZS was retained to restore the 188-foot high Victor Lawson bell towner, and performed deferred maintenance audits for the entire seminary building complex including the president’s residence and several student residence…
Read more