Associate Level Architect (7-10 Years’ Experience)
HPZS is seeking an Associate Level Architect with 7-10 years’ experience to join our steadily growing team focused on preservation, adaptive reuse, sustainable design and affordable housing. The ideal candidate will have worked on one or more preservation/rehabilitation projects in the course of their career, and have experience in at least 2 of the following areas: Historic Structures Reports, Façade Repairs, Critical/Ongoing inspections, coordination with IHPA, HABS/HAER documentation, or preparation of a Historic Tax Credit application and be willing to continue to balance this type of work in existing buildings with opportunities to develop new construction.
Full-time position with competitive salary and benefits in a flexible small firm environment focused on doing great work for our clients and having fun. If interested please cover letter indicating your alignment with the qualifications, resume and sample portfolio to Lisa Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org). Only email submissions accepted.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Architecture degree (minimum requirement); Master’s Degree preferred but not required
- 7-10 Years’ Experience Required (minimum)
- Must be a registered architect in the State of Illinois
- Experience in Historic Preservation/Renovations/Adaptive Reuse, Multi-family Housing preferred
- Experience with agencies such as IHPA, IL SHPO, Chicago Landmarks preferred
- Knowledge of applicable local codes, and permitting within the City preferred
- Knowledge of historic architecture and the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation
- LEED Accredited (GA, or AP + Specialty) Required OR must be willing to acquire within six (6) month of hire
- Must be proficient in:
- Revit and AutoCAD
- Field measurement and documentation of existing buildings as well as BIM modeling of existing conditions
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Ability to model conceptual renderings in Revit or SketchUp
- Experience in all project delivery phases, especially assessment and construction documentation field work
- Experience in working with and managing a variety of consultants
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to offer exceptional client service – attention to detail and commitment to deadlines.
- Proactive and resourceful with a strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and confidence to take initiative
- Ability to coordinate, manage and prioritize work assignments with fixed and/or competing deadlines
- Must have excellent graphic design and presentation skills
- Must be a team player in a collegial collaborative atmosphere; lone wolf types need not apply.
- You must be a movie lover or you won’t enjoy our office meetings.