Portfolio Tag: Library

Altgeld Hall

Altgeld Hall, the first building constructed at Northern Illinois University, was designed by Architect Charles E. Brusk and completed in 1898. Throughout its 100-year plus life it has served as a dormitory, classrooms, auditorium, library and offices.

HPZS provided an in-depth examination of the structure followed by the development of a program to rectify building defects,...

Read more

Prairie Avenue Bookshop

Founded by HPZS’s Wilbert Hasbrouck and his wife Marilyn, the Bookshop was originally located in the Prairie Avenue Historic District, later on South Dearborn Street in Printers Row, and finally moved to Wabash Avenue across the Street from Auditorium Theater. Closed in 2009, the Bookshop served the Chicago and world architectural community for over 30...

Read more