Portfolio Tag: Interiors

SAINT EDMUND PARISH

Saint Edmund Church was dedicated in 1910 and is the oldest surviving Catholic Church on the west side of the Chicago Archdiocese. HPZS guided the church through the renovation and restoration process to restore the building’s original art, architecture, and beauty that was compromised by earlier remodeling programs, as well as developed a master plan…
Read more

The Pabst Theater

The Pabst Theater was built in 1895 and served the City of Milwaukee as a legitimate theater for over 65 years. Several attempts to revive the theater, after it closed in 1967, resulted finally in its restoration. Wilbert Hasbrouck of HPZS served as the restoration consultant for the interior of the theater, performing extensive on-site…
Read more

The Rookery

The Rookery, completed in 1888, was designed and constructed by the eminent Chicago Firm of Burnham & Root. The public spaces of the interior were remodeled by Frank Lloyd Wright in 1905. The Rookery is both a National Historic Landmark and a Chicago Historic Landmark. HPZS's Comprehensive Restoration Plan included the entirety of the exterior…
Read more

Dana Thomas House

The Dana Thomas House, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, was constructed in 1905 for Susan Lawrence Dana, a leading figure in Springfield Society. As restored by HPZS the house is one of the largest, most elaborate, and complete of Wright's houses, maintaining most of the original Wright designed furniture and art glass. HPZS was awarded…
Read more