Portfolio Category: Commercial

Prairie Avenue Bookshop

Founded by HPZS’s Wilbert Hasbrouck and his wife Marilyn, the Bookshop was originally located in the Prairie Avenue Historic District, later on South Dearborn Street in Printers Row, and finally moved to Wabash Avenue across the Street from Auditorium Theater. Closed in 2009, the Bookshop served the Chicago and world architectural community for over 30…
Read more

PALMER HOUSE HILTON

The 25-story Palmer House Hilton is one of Chicago’s historic grand hotels, located in the downtown Loop district. It was designed by the architectural firm of Holabird & Roche, and was completed in phases between 1923 and 1925. The building is clad in brick, limestone and terra cotta with a significant amount of ornamental trim.…
Read more

UIC MAXWELL / HALSTED STREET REDEVELOPMENT

The UIC Maxwell/Halsted project is a $29,000,000 mixed-use redevelopment of an area of the City of Chicago that is rich with history and is now part of the University of Illinois at Chicago South Campus. For the project, HPZS refurbished two existing buildings which were reused as part of a new commercial district with University…
Read more

Chicago Temple

The Chicago Temple, designed by Holabird and Roche, is one of Chicago's most prominent buildings. It was completed in 1924, and is listed as the tallest church in the world, with a spire reaching 568 feet above ground level. HPZS developed and continues to lead a $27 million dollar, multi-year master plan to bring the…
Read more