The Pabst Theater

The Pabst Theater was built in 1895 and served the City of Milwaukee as a legitimate theater for over 65 years. Several attempts to revive the theater, after it closed in 1967, resulted finally in its restoration.

Wilbert Hasbrouck of HPZS served as the restoration consultant for the interior of the theater, performing extensive on-site investigation and historic research in local libraries and archives, designing restoration plans and specifications, lighting, as well as developing an interiors palatte including seat and curtain fabrics, floor coverings and plaster finishes.