Garver Arts Incubator

The former Garver Feed Mill Building, constructed in 1906, was given to the City of Madison for the expansion of the adjacent Olbrich Botanic Garden. In addition to it’s use by the Botanic Garden, the building was developed as an arts incubator in which local artists would work and teach.

HPZS prepared an Historic Structures Report and adaptive reuse feasibility study for the structure, which included a sustainable vision for the project utilizing porous paving, rain gardens, a green roof with a meditation garden, roof monitors for natural ventilation and daylighting, and a geothermal heat pump.